Creating iPhone contact group is especially important for a businessman. After you sync your business contacts from Google, Address Book or Yahoo, you will find that the business contacts mix up with your personal contacts that it’s difficult to find out the exact contact you need quickly.
You can’t fix the problem on iPhone directly, but here are some solutions to get iPhone contacts organized according the original preference.
If you sync iPhone contacts from Google Account, then please follow these steps:
Step 1: Login into Gmail account, click “Gmail” then choose “Contacts”
Step 2: Select one or more contacts to creat a new group.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone with PC and open iTunes. From the iTunes Summary tab, choose your iPhone and click “Info”, then mark “Sync contacts” and “Sync Google Contacts” options, then click “Configure.”
Step 4: Enter Gmail password and click “Connect” to access your Gmail account. Hit “Apply” to sync your iPhone as well as add the new group to it.
If you sync iPhone contacts from Address Book, here’s how to do it:
Firstly, open your Address Book app and click the “+” button, then change the new group named “untitled group” to the name you want.
Secondly, connect iPhone to computer and run iTunes.
Thirdly, select iPhone on the iTunes Summary tab, click “Info” and choose “Sync contacts”.
At last, select either “All contacts” or “Selected groups.” to click “Apply” to sync contacts to iPhone as a new group.
What about sync iPhone contacts from Yahoo Mail? Check out these:
1. Login into Yahoo mail and click “Contacts”
2. Click a new contact list
3. Select contacts and click “Assign” to classify them to the contact list
4. Connect your iPhone to computer, launch iTunes. On iTunes Summary tab, select iPhone and click “Info”.
5. Mark ”Sync contacts” and “Sync Yahoo! address book contacts.” options. Click “Configure.” and enter Yahoo mail password and click “Connect” to access Yahoo account.
6. In the end, click “Apply” to sync your iPhone contacts and add the new Yahoo contact group to it.
Latest iPhone Contact Tips
- How to Back Up iPhone Contacts to iTunes, iCloud and Computer
- How to Recover Lost Contacts on iPhone 6
- 8 Reasons Why You Lost Contacts on iPhone