“My iPhone 6 is not charging when plugged in to a wall socket. Also, when connected to power source the screen does not respond. Anyone else having such issues or know how this can be solved?”
There are 2 major reasons for this issue: iPhone is not charging properly, or you charge it in the correct way but something blocks the charging.
How to fix iPhone 6/6s/5/5s/4/4s not charging when plugged in?
Here are some given situations and the best solutions:
Make Sure You Use Apple-certified Accessories
You must make sure that you are using Apple-certified accessories and the right power source. When your battery is completely drained-out, you will see a black screen even after you have plugged your device with the power source. It will take at least 10 minutes for iPhone to show that it is being charged.
Accessory Not Certified Issue on iPhone
After plugging your iPhone to power source, if you get an alert that your Accessory is Not Certified, here is how to solve it.
1. Check out the connector which is at the bottom of your device. Clean it properly. Once it is completely cleaned, connect the USB cable again.
2. If you still find the alert that your accessory or device is not certified, try a different USB cable or charger.
If Your iPhone is Not Charging
1. If you find that your iPhone battery is not charging, unplug it and try these steps given below:
2. Check out the connector at the bottom of your iPhone. Make sure it is cleaned.
3. If using a USB power adapter, you must ensure it is perfectly plugged in and power outlet is working properly. If you are trying to connect your iPhone to any laptop or computer, you must ensure it is on and can charge your iPhone. You might require a USB power adapter and plug it into a power outlet if you want to charge your iPhone.
4. For a change, give a try to different USB cable, power adapter or port.
5. Connect your iPhone to power again and wait for up to 30 minutes.
Hope can help you! Click here, you will know more about the ways to fix iPhone not charging.